Tuesday 13 December 2011

Santa Cruz - La-Palma

 Welcome to the Town of Santa Cruz - La Palma - one of the Canary Islands.
 Nestling between the Mountains.

 The main parade is lined with Palm Trees
 - and Greenery.



 Just look at these buildings with their balconies.
 The sea - crashing against the rocks.

 Shopping and then going for a snack and coffee-tea in one of the many cafes-bars.


 One of the many Churches in Santa Cruz, where families gather after the services in the square.
 Which way now? - so many side streets with shops - shops - shops.

 And Street Markets too.
 Hey !! - Im now into Digital - well that makes 2 Macs that I know of are,lol.
Just to the left - is the road to the docks and  our ship - The Arcadia.

Watch-out for the Header Challenge tomorrow - our theme is (Look at what I saw) and mine comes from Santa Cruz.-- so make a date to visit the Headbangers tomorrow evening - or Thurs morn.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks a colourful town, with a mixture of old and new. I bet you've got a good header this time

Anonymous said...

You go to so many interesting places. I could never afford such trips. You must have won the lottery.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, Another beautiful city in the Canary Islands... I love the picture showing the balconies with all of the greenery growing on them... NEAT!!!!

Looks like a great place.
Betsy

Jackie said...

OK Stewart....you and the missus have my snail mail address and my e-mail address. There's no excuse for your going on another cruise without me! :))))
Love the photos...love, love, love them! The houses nestled in the mountains are my favorites. You have a great eye for capturing so many facets of your trip....and you always take the best photos of the ocean!!!
Great big hugs,
Jackie

FilipBlog said...

Great pictures but I already knew you were digital. Enjoy your holiday.

Greetings,
Filip

Becca's Dirt said...

I bet ya'll are having such a good time. Love that town. Those streets look interesting and I bet some unusual stores and items for sale.

Gattina said...

Brings back memories of our holidays there ! Looks unchanged except maybe a few more of these ugly high appartment houses ! Business is business !

Betty Manousos said...

such an interesting city in the canary islands. you make me want to travel.

i really enjoyed your photos

George said...

Thanks for taking us on your tour of this beautiful city. What a pleasure it must have been to visit in person.