Wednesday 23 January 2013

HEADER CHALENGE = SKYLINE

Lew chose for his theme week  = Skyline.
Ive picked our Capitol - London for its skyline and of course Ive posted some shots from the London Eye.

My  Header.


My skyline Header is a shot of Westminster and Big-Ben - but  - its in Silhouette, which really shows how grand this famous building is and stands out a treat standing proud and tall by the side of the River Thames.


My Post Photos


Blue Sky - line  Photo of a fairly new  GREEN building all nearly Glass.  Offices I think.


From the river Thames we have The Thames Barrier - on the right just above - we have the 02 Arena, just behind we have Canary Wharf - the Business centre of London.
To the left  pointing to the Skyline - not finished - when photo taken  - is the Shard.



Photos taken from Londons Eye
here we have the Embankment Station and just above we have the GPO Tower.

The station is Charing Cross and not Embankment.

I stand corrected by my Photography friend from London. "Yesbuts* 
Sorry folks.
Thanks Yesbuts.





Here we are going up and around in Londons Eye and a beautiful shot of The River Thames.




Heres a Grand shot of a skyline photo - overlooking London AND a  Pod in front of us, here we see folk taking their photos of London and its SKYLINE.


Looking forward to Kathys  theme Next week, wonder what Kathy will come up with for us??


Please go and visit the other Headbangers and see what their Skylines are.
Look for these great folk on my side bar - near my shield.

GOOD LUCK.

18 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

Your header is magnificent, great choice and I'm delighted these pictures of London, great work!
Léia

DeniseinVA said...

Absolutely superb!!! I loved the first one particularly and makes a fantastic header, but all your photos are a delight.

Betty Manousos said...

glorious picture of your header!

great series of london photos, too.

yaay! london!i really enjoyed your post.

Katney said...

Oh, shoot! Since Tom gave us advanced notice on his next theme I thought it was next week. I'll have to put my thinking cap on while I wait on my car being serviced.

Lew said...

Super header! The architectural details really stand out against the sky. The Eye has certainly brought a new and spectacular platform for skyline photographers! And I see in some of your shots that the skyline of London is still changing.

Gattina said...

I love your header ! Such a beautiful picture ! I hate the view on the business part of London, it doesn't fit, it's too common, could be any city in the world !

ju-north said...

Love the skyline!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mac: What neat scenes of the skyline and views from "The Eye". You captured the beauty of London.

Anonymous said...

Awesome - spectacular skyline in the first shot!

Unknown said...

The GPO Tower. Now you really are showing your age! I remember it being pushed over by a giant white cat in an episode of The Goodies.

There's always something to photograph in London

Jackie said...

Love the silhouette of the skyline.
Lovely, Stewart.
Hoping that you and Julie are doing well. Sending you both hugs!
J.

Linda said...

Awesome header!

Rick said...

Impressive skylines, Stewart, starting with your header. And the ones from the Eye are fabulous, as is Canary Wharf (developed by a Canadian who went bust, I believe).

Rune Eide said...

For No. 3 I had to look several to ascertain that it was not an even more famous skyline! Magnificent - as usual.

SandyCarlson said...

Your green building photo makes me think of the face of a giant insect. These are marvelous.

Carletta said...

The header is GORGEOUS!
I think it would make a terrific cover for a mystery novel. :)
Love your shots of London!!!
The Eye is on my 'bucket list.'

Anonymous said...

Sorry Mac - correction

Its not Embankment Station but Charing Cross Station

Betty Manousos said...

great to see london again through your lovely shots!
impressive skylines!