Friday 23 November 2012

Macclesfield Canal Walk

  Some very good friends of ours moved from Grantham to Macclesfield last January, so it was time we paid them a visit, this last Monday to thursday we spent atMacclesfield.
We all decided to take a walk along Macclesfield Canal --So off we trotted to find the Canal.
Lots of leafy steps - thru the woods --
 Down more steps --
 Passing a lake --
 Another leafy path to the canal -
 Ah Macclesfield Canal

 What  beautiful Countryside -

 A reflecting Bridge

 More Fallen Leaves

 Ah, Narrow Boats -

 and a Mile stone -
 This used to be THE HOVIS MILL-with info here  Now turned into Luxury flats.

 See how this structure was made   --   well maybe?, not too sure what the discussion was  here. lol.

Hope you all enjoyed our walk along Macclesfield canal.

15 comments:

Julie said...

It was a lovely walk, wasn't it? Just remind me to take my hands out of my pockets next time you photograph me from the rear!

Linda said...

Wow...beautiful tour. I would really enjoy taking a walk around there. Love your photos!

ju-north said...

Lovely walk! You seem drawn to water!

Lew said...

You do get your exercise with your camera! Looks like a canal boat is the preferred mode of travel. But some very nice vistas for your eyes and lens!

Gerald (SK14) said...

A lovely walk along the canal and so well illustrated.

Unknown said...

Phew, that was a good walk. OK, where's the nearest pub. I need a sit down and a drink

photowannabe said...

What a beautiful place.
I would have loved to tromp along with all of you.

SandyCarlson said...

These are great. What a nice walk. I love the curving lines of these photos. I sure wish our cities could or would turn old factories into luxury flats.

DeniseinVA said...

I enjoyed the walk too Stewart. You got some great photos there.

Adam said...

looks like a great walk

Gattina said...

It was worthwhile to climb up and down the steps, what a beautiful place !

Rune Eide said...

That must have been a nice walk indeed. And what a chimney for that converted apartment house!

Rick said...

First - gorgeous header, Stewart !!

And I agree - beautiful countryside, even under a threatening sky. Lovely shots of your walk along the canal, and especially of the reflecting bridge !

BlueShell said...

wonderful place...magnificent Photos...
xoxo
BShell

Unknown said...

Wow I loved this walk! I have enjoyed your blog so much! I think I joined 5 years ago and I can't believe it has been that long ago I found your blog! Thank you so much for sharing your life and love of this beautiful world in which we live. There is so much ugliness you see on the tv and I love learning all I can through your eyes!