Monday 8 August 2011

Skegness on the beach

Skegness and its clock tower, being a warm day, we thought we would take a stroll and have a look on the beach and see if we could see the sea, because at low tide - the sea goes out a long way.




On the beach, and the sea was just on its way out. There is now a wind farm off shore.



There have been donkeys on Skegness beach for as long as I can remember - they are mostly friendly too.
When I was a kid they used to bring the donkeys down to the beach with the chappie on his bike and the donkeys running in front of him, now adays they are transported by 4x4 with a donkey box attached.




There were a host of Ladybirds (Ladybugs) flying around, we sat for a while but the longer you sat, the more you got landing on you.




Whats better on a warm day beside the sea - of course its Ice Cream, I remember as a kid going to buy one and as a treat you could have choc flake with it, - the choice these days are endless ----

---- as you can see - spoilt for choice! - takes you ages now to choose what you fancy,lol.

DW and I decided on a hot choc dipper, thats where they dip your icecream into hot chocolate and it cools off and when you bite into it - the chocs nice and crunchy mmmmm.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Rune Eide said...

A fascinating tower. One can't help wondering if there is something more buried beneath the sand.

DeniseinVA said...

Fun photos, the tower was very impressive. Remember the donkeys well. And the ice-cream cornets with the Cadbury's flake sticking out of the top.

Gattina said...

Ice cream ! Especially the one I bought at the seafront was sooooo good ! and yes the choice is immense !
Thanks for your compliment on my Macro shots, makes me happy ! I have no special equipment and started only 4 years ago.

George said...

I think you and DW made a great choice with the ice cream, but now I want one! It looks like you had a great day to visit the beach, even if it was low tide. I really lime that tower.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day out - donkeys and ice cream!

ancient one said...

I thought the wind farm was interesting. None of those close to us. So it is built out in the water? Was it noisy, or did the ocean waves drown out their noise?

Now I want ice cream!!

ju-north said...

Stock up on those icecreams!

Jinksy said...

Thank goodness I've got a choc ice in the freezer, for therapy!!

Cezar and Léia said...

Wow, so much variety in this post!
But I particularly like the 1st and 2nd shots!
God bless you!
Cezar

Unknown said...

Very nice shots. There is nothing like a day at the shore. Love the tower!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Ah---don't think I've ever heard of a donkey on the beach!!!!!! ha

I don't like bugs either ---and will NOT stay outside when they fly around my face and ears and eyes... Yuk!

That ice cream sounds good.
Betsy

Sunny said...

I remember riding donkeys on the beach when I was a little girl, in fact, my Dad took a picture of me eating an ice cream while riding! LOL!
☼ Sunny