Wednesday 5 January 2011

Header Challenge 05-01-11 = Squaring The Circle.

Very thought provoking this week from Gailsman - Squaring the Circle.
I guess that most folk, Like me, is that their 1st thought would be the = Freemasons Sign of The Square and Compass, and I very nearly went with this idea, but, no, it is the 1st photo in my post.

My 2nd photo in my post was my Ring of Fire, a fire photoshopped into a circle.

Now as you will now know by now that my Header consists of 2 aircraft - The Awac and The Lancaster racing to the moon.

I googled Squaring the Circle - and one of the explanation was = Metphor for doing something logically or Intuitivly impossable.
Hence my idea The Race to the Moon. I hope that you will like this little piece of mine.

Please visit the Headbangers and comment on their Headers for this theme. You will find this band of Headbangers on my side bar - just under my Header. Also my song of Squaring the Circle which I found.
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Laura~peach~ said...

i find your header a most impressive photo... It captures MY imagination plus it is just flippin COOL!

Darla said...

Aren't you just a smarty pants today. I would love to have plants from my gardens growing all over the world!!

Jinksy said...

Mataphor for doing the impossible? I like that idea!

Craver Vii said...

Great pictures and info. I especially like the header.

George said...

This is a very imaginative interpretation of the theme for the challenge. I like the way your mind works and I like your header.

joey said...

As always, your headers are true creative treats!

Dave Cawkwell said...

Who will win the race that is the impossible question? Nice header see it wasn't impossible just nearly!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mac: Quite an interesting impression of a tough subject, nearly impossible.

Jackie said...

Quite a lot of thought went into your header, Stewart...metaphor for doing something logically or intuitively. The race to the moon is a wonderful choice. I also think of using straight lines only to make a circle. We used to do this in my class.
I will visit the other competitors, of course...a pleasure to see the different takes on the challenge.
Smiles to you,
Jackie

Rune Eide said...

I have seen two of the items in your header - The moon :-), and all to often the AWACS (it must be the noisiest and environmentally worst aircraft in existence). I haven't seen the Lancaster "live", but I remember "The Dam Busters" and "Chicken Run" :-)

Great Work!

Lanny said...

oh I like your planes, and the moon too. The two together make a unique interpretation. I've always been fond of planes of that era, my father was in the Army Air Corp (which turned into the Airforce) and so my childhood mind was filled with airplane stories and pictures. When Dirt and I were first married Dirt took my dad to a lot of air shows (Dirt being in aviation and all) and I remember my Dad saluting the planes that he took care of during the war. This seems to be a week to remember and miss him.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

That is a rough theme, Stewart... Not sure what I would ever choose if I had to find something using that title... You did a great job though...
Betsy

Unknown said...

I wonder which plane would reach the moon first? Interesting idea, and certainly a creative one

Lew said...

Very intersting take on the theme and well illustrated! Maybe a later theme "circling the square"?

Betty Manousos said...

Your header is absolutely impressive.
Great info too.

Sunny said...

I think you did a great job considering what a difficult (to me) challenge that is!
☼ Sunny

Cezar and Léia said...

The compass picture is very interesting!
God bless you!
Cezar