Thursday 30 July 2009

Wet Morning in Bergen

After a nice Sunset on Wednesday evening, we awoke to a very wet morning as we entered Bergen.
Docking around 8am, we had a hearty English breakfast, then we checked out from our ship - Saga Ruby - at 10am.
We were on our way to meet up with my Good Blogging friend Rune Eide, who was going to show us the Beautiful sites of Bergen.


Here's Julie(DW) Rune and our 2 friends from Grantham, we all looked like drowned rats, including me, as I kept wiping down my wet camera.
Later that day it brightened up a little and the sun came out to dry us off.
In the last photo you see Rune and DW sitting on Rune's Bench(the one that the birds had splatted in Rune's Blog.)
More of Bergen to follow.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

George said...

Do you think it was raining in Bergen just to make you feel at home? I'm glad the sun came out later in the day.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you.

Rune Eide said...

A great post Stewart!! ;-)

But also a good description of that morning. I would have liked to show you the city at its best, but the again - this is how it looks often enough. Even today.

PS I must admit i "tricked" you into that bench since I already had captured the birds sitting on it some days before :-)

Unknown said...

Nice photos. Looking forward to more. Hopefully without rain - for all your sake!

Gerald (SK14) said...

Yes it really knows how to rain in Bergen alas - we got drowned in it too only to discover the outrageous taxi charges.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mac: Looks like you came prepared for the weather.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Hello RuneE. I get the feeling you lot are enjoying yourselves over there far too much.

Susan English Mason said...

Great post! I will remember to pack an umbrella, or two, for my cruise in December.

DeniseinVA said...

Delightful photos and how much fun that you got to meet up with Rune. Rain or no rain I am sure you had a fantastic time.