Wednesday 18 January 2012

Header Challenge 18-01-12 by Tom = Look at this (?) Animal

This weeks Header choice is by Tom (fishing guy)
Look at this (?) Animal  = and my choice is = Look at this (Salubrious) Animal = The Swan

Some folk will ask - is a bird an Animal?  - the answer is Yes - even Man and Woman are Animals.

The Swan

Swans usually  mate for life. But there are times when a swan will take a new mate. A swan may take a new mate if its partner gets lost or dies.
Swans choose mates when they are 2 to 3 years old. A swan begins its courtship by displaying, or showing off, to another swan. Swans display while facing each other. They dip and turn their heads. Swans may also “kiss” bills. When swans kiss, their necks form a heart shape.
Many swan pairs set up territories. A pair picks a territory where there is a lot of food and a safe place to build a nest. Swans defend their territories fiercely. They fight off an intruder by bumping it and hitting it with their wings. When the intruder leaves, the swan pair celebrates. They call loudly and face each other with raised wings.

Go Listen to my Swan Lake Song


 Here's a young swan - just been dipping his head in the water for food

Swans are a Proud bird - Animal and will display their wings and feathers.

Swans make beautiful reflections too

Swans are True family Animals-Birds.

If you get too close they certainly will warn you off  by Hissing at you.


 Such a beautiful Bird - the Swan - very photogenic and - Salubrious.

Now go see what the other Headbangers have come up with 
(Look at this (?) Animal)

You will find these good folk on my side bar near my shield.

Good Luck.

17 comments:

Jinksy said...

Salubrious in the extreme...

George said...

Gorgeous pictures and interesting information about swans. You've captured the swan in your header beautifully.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mac: Fun shots of the beautiful Swans. Great choice for the week.

Craver Vii said...

"Salubrious?" That drove me to the dictionary, Imac. Good word.

Yes, I would definitely count swans as animals. I count fish as animals too, but not the human race, though some behave as though they are animals.

It's funny how we use "animal" as a compliment. When someone does a thing exceedingly well, we will say, "You're an animal!"

You're quite a photographer, Imac. I won't call you an animal, but a fine human being.

Gattina said...

We should take example on swans (I mean not me, because I am still with the same male since 42 years) so now I know that swans are not mormons, or sheiks that they only look for another wife when they are widowed, but sometimes, they divorce ??
Anyway whatever, your pictures are beautiful ! I could watch swans the whole day !
I love the header !

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful photos, Stewart... I saw Tom's post this morning --and think his header will be the winner this week. (Of course I haven't seen any of the others posts.) BUT--rarely can one ever capture a couple of young deer playing with each other like that...

BUT--your header is awesome also... Good Luck!
Betsy

Katney said...

Well, I think I blew that one. I didn't realize that ( ) meant insert adjective.

Abraham Lincoln said...

These are really rich in black and white. Like them a lot.

Jackie said...

I'm such a sucker for swans...
I love these photos, Stewart!!!
Actually, I love all your photos.
UB THE Photographer!!!
:)))

Katney said...

And you balked when Lanny provided the adjective "sanguine." Salubrious indeed. But beautiful.

Oh, my. I see I've been here before. All our snow must be shorting out my brains cells.

SandyCarlson said...

That swan has clear ideas about what is what is what. And what an awesome family!

Rick said...

Where to start Stewart ? Love your header, and your gorgeous swan shots ! Yes, they do make for beautiful reflections. And your canal walk photos were magnificent - thanks for capturing the tour. Looks like you're having a fairly mild winter (unless that's 'normal'). Check out my winter experience today - and that wasn't even real winter yet !

Betty Manousos said...

such impressive shots!!

gorgeous post!

LadyFi said...

Wow wow wow wow wow! Beautiful shots!

Unknown said...

Swanupmanship this week I think!

Lew said...

Beautiful shots of these magnificent birds! I especiall like the header and last image. There are some great shots on the viedo also.

Cezar and Léia said...

So much elegance here!
God bless you!
Cezar