Saturday 28 May 2011

A Field Day with Poppies

DW and I spent a few hours at Naturescape - Wild flower farm at Langar -(see Naturescape on the side bar of my blog) we went to photograph the Poppies, we were a little early as most of the poppies were still in bud - but we certainly had a poppy day shoot, here are a few of our captures. The wind was blowing the few poppies around, they were swaying gently to and fro. --- dont forget to click and enlarge.

Hope you enjoy looking at these and to my little exercise with one of the photos that was a lost shot--or was it?

Above is the crap shot, but never throw away, keep and one day - you will find a use for it as you can see below.
You will like or dislike, but I will explain how I got to this copy.

PSE6 - 1st I gave this photo a make-over with chalk and charcoal, then I gave it a cover with Glowing edges, Lastly I played with colour-brightness - shadow and lastly with contrast, this is the result, hope you enjoy my Artistic endever of a photo that was tut(as Lord Sugar would say). Enjoy.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Unknown said...

We have quite a few yellow poppies in the garden now, but no red ones.
You can do wonders with photo software these days.

DeniseinVA said...

The word 'glorious' comes to mind when I see your poppies, beautiful shots. I am intrigued by your last artsy photo, and will enjoy hearing how it came out. I like it very much.

SandyCarlson said...

Love what you did there! Poppies have me remembering....

Rick said...

Love the red poppies (In Flanders Fields ...).

Oh, and a nice artistic endeavour too !

Cezar and Léia said...

Very artistic pictures Imac, it's a wonderful set of images!
Léia

Rune Eide said...

Red and green go very well together, but it is absolutely worth playing around with the settings a bit!

Gattina said...

Lots of poppies are blooming here around too ! some fields look really red !
Love your creative work !

Katney said...

Always welcome a field fo wildflowers.

Dave Cawkwell said...

I like what you've done with the poppy, areal glow in the dark shot. You have added a lot more depth and it now looks more 3D than the original well done.
Its amazing what you can do when you play around with photo editing isn't it.

Lanny said...

That is really groovy, truly awesome. I would put that on a greeting card.

Anonymous said...

Lovely poppies and I do like what you have done to the last one, very surreal.