Sunday 14 March 2010

Quacking Wind - Twice.


2 Duck wind-vanes on a Narrow Boat on Llangollen Canal.
We met this charming man (called Bernie) who with his wife lives on their Narrow Boat, they were moored up for the winter months, also they go abroard for their holidays during this time, then in the summer months they tour the canals of Great Britain in their Narrow Boat.
Bernie told me he has internet, so I hope he sees my post - now he is World Famous,lol.
So pleased to have met you Bernie, God speed to you both and enjoy.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Tom said...

Excellent chimes Stewart.... I'd love to live on a bardge... enjoyed it very much year or two back when tour the Llangollen... stunning area for sure.

George said...

I've seen pictures of the narrow boats. I think living on one and traveling the canals would be a great way to spend the summer. I like the wind-vanes.

Darla said...

So charming!! I do hope Bernie visits you...he may soon start a blog..

Unknown said...

I'm back and have alot of catching up to do, been sick and busy offline!

I have happy memories of family holidays on the canals, I think it would be a great life.

soulbrush said...

ha ha what a cute post, i bet he will see it, and will have a dink or two to celebrate.

Gattina said...

They are really cute ! living on a bardge must be nice !

Kerri Farley said...

Oh these are adorable! I LOVE them!!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mac: That Quacked me up.

dot said...

You find the most interesting things!